Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog!

My name is Erik Tomsen and I am a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar at the University of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand.

I arrived in NZ on Friday July 10th, 2009 and quickly began my search for an apartment, cellphone, and new friends--all of which I was able to accomplish in less than a week.

In case you would like to write or call me, my new contact details are:

Erik Tomsen
32 Eden Crescent, Apt. 6B
Auckland Central, 1010
New Zealand

+64 21 5050 36 (cell)
+64 99 4833 25 (home)

While here in Auckland I will be working on my Masters of Science in Geography, primarily writing a masters thesis on the utilization of GIS hardware and software for disaster planning. I will likely include a more in-depth post on this at a later time.

Kiwiland is now in the middle of winter and to many of my new friends it is quite cold, but as an Alaskan I find these temperatures rather comfortable. No worries mate. More to follow.

Cheers,
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment